The kids who are going through the bone marrow transplant process have needs that affect the whole family. Normal gifts of meals and many other common things can’t always be used. The children will be on special diets and many smells just won’t be right for them. This changes daily. Our Andrew only had the stomach for certain Chinese food and a local restaurant would make fresh breakfast for him. McDonald’s would specially prepare meals for him following his doctor’s guidelines.
While many extended family members and friends want to help, the kids are sometimes immune suppressed to a point where they can’t have contact with the general public. The families are not in hiding…. they are caring for their child.
Even though you might not be able to help a family in need directly, please consider helping us help them fight cancer through one of these methods:
- Gold Ribbon Holiday Reception
- “Blasting Cancer” and other event rentals
- Bone Marrow Drive
Some other methods of helping which are practically no-brainers include:
- Switching Your Utilities to Run Through Viridian:If you have NGrid or Eversource (aka NStar) as your current utility provider; all you have to do is check out our website- www.Viridian.com/AndrewsHelpfulHandsThis unique program gives us a chance to help you sign up for responsible energy at affordable prices, while also helping our organization earn money to support our mission and program.We receive income from Viridian each month our supporters pay their utility bill, while you make a meaningful environmental impact. How is this possible? The deregulation of energy has allowed customers the opportunity to choose their electricity supplier. Your utility company (NGrid or Eversource) will still deliver the same reliable energy you’ve always had and service your needs, as well as provide you with the same, simple bill. Switch your energy supplier today in just minutes on Viridian’s site and you are on your way to cleaner, more affordable energy for your home or small business.
- Amazon Smile:Already a big Amazon shopper? You can help raise money for Andrew’s Helpful Hands just by doing the shopping at Amazon that you would do anyway.Here’s how to set it up:
1. To shop at Amazon Smile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You can use your regular Amazon account, so all of your settings will remain the same.
2. On your first visit to Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com), to set this up, just type Andrew’s Helpful Hands and select our organization as the Charity you want to donate to.
3. That’s it! Now, whenever you shop at AmazonSmile, a percentage of every eligible purchase will be sent to Andrew’s Helpful Hands.
- Donate Through Ebay:
The way this works is that if you have something that you would like to sell, you would go through Ebay Giving Works and list your item. Then, you pick what percentage of the value received from the sale you would like to donate to Andrew’s Helpful Hands. Most people give 100%, others 10% or anywhere in between.The great thing about this is that you are getting rid of something that you don’t need, it’s helping our charity obtain a donation, and you receive a thank you from Giving Works with your receipt of your donation (and from Andrew’s). A win win for both!Click Here to find the Ebay Giving Works page for Andrew’s Helping Hands.
- Donate Through TD Bank:If you set up a new account at TD Bank in Hudson and ask them to apply Andrew’s Helpful Hands’ code AG777 to your account, Andrew’s Helpful Hands will receive a $50 donation from TD Bank for every new checking account that’s opened.Already have an account at TD Bank? You can help too! If you ask for the code AG777 to be applied to your existing accounts, Andrew’s Helpful Hands will receive a $10 donation for each of your existing accounts.